Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Congrats to my Honey!


Turkey hunting is on! Now in Colorado, it's hard to find a good place to turkey hunt, and Mike's usual spot still had too much snow for the turkeys to be there yet. So, Mike and Don (a friend from church) went to some private land to hunt, but there were no turkeys there either. On the way home, they swung by a spot where we had seen alot of turkeys last week. Most of the land there is private, but there are a few pieces of public mixed in, and they spotted a jake (young, male turkey) that was actually on the public land. Mike was hoping that Don would get a shot (he's never turkey-hunted before), but from where Don was he couldn't see the turkey. The turkey turned and started going the other way, so Mike shot him. He may not be the biggest Tom in Colorado, but that Turkey-Asparagus Stir Fry sure will taste good! Good job, Honey!

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

I truly enjoy reading your blog you are such an outdoors family. I love it.
You have been tagged....go to my blog to see what to do next.

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Wow-I am sure it will be good. Why not make some sweet potato casserole and have an early Thanksgiving?

Lavy Country said...

Way to go Mike! Nice turkey.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Way too go Big Man! Miss ya'll, hope to somehow see ya soon. Do not know how to make that happen but I'll come up with something at somepoint. Life here is CRAZY...7 more weeks until closing on the new house and the last day of school for the little ladies. UGH! Were MOVING! My oh My! Anyway, call me someday, I miss talking at ya! LOVE YOU KAREN