Monday, April 27, 2009

Ear Update

Just a quick update on my ear - Mike and I leave tomorrow for Denver for my pre-op visit. My surgery is scheduled for 2:30 on Wednesday afternoon. I'm not certain of all the details but do know that the surgeon will be removing scar tissue which is now closing off my ear canal; replacing my thickened eardrum with a skin graft; removing a (possible) clostiotoma from behind my eardrum; removing alot of extra bone that has grown in my middle ear; possibly replacing my stapes-incus prosthesis; and giving my middle ear a thorough cleaning. Hopefully everything is OK in my inner ear. He won't know for sure until he gets in there. I'm quite nervous about it all, as I don't do well with the pre-surgery routine. Usually I pass out or go into shock after getting the IV. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated:) Recovery time is about 3 weeks. My mom has been here for almost 2 weeks now helping out, and she will stay for another week following my surgery. What a blessing she has been!

3 comments:

Lavy Country said...

You'll be in our prayers, Kim. Hope all goes well and you have a quick recovery. Yes, thank God for our moms!

Anonymous said...

How are you? I have been waiting for an update, and praying all is fine with you. I will keep praying until I hear from you. Joanna Sturtevant

Diane said...

Kim, how's it going? I'm anxious to hear.
Love and prayers,
Diane