Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mike's Stag

I had a 2nd rifle buck tag. I hunted up high at first looking for a big buck. Couldn't find what I was looking for, so I hunted in the middle and down low. I went 2 days without seeing a buck at all. So, the last day I was willing to shoot anything. I saw a buck in velvet this morning, but I wasn't sure if he was on public land. So I figured out that he was on public land this afternoon, and went back after him. I found him bedded down at 50 yards, but only could see antlers. I couldn't even tell which way his body was. Finally, he jumped out of his bed and I shot him running. He has an extra main beam on one side. He turned out to be a stag.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kay Church said...

Good job Mike!
How much do you think it weighed?
Sorry I could not be there to help you clean & package your mule deer.
Now it's Kim's turn.