Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Stockings





We have (in my opinion:) the most beautiful Christmas stockings in the world! My wonderful, incredibly talented Aunt Gail made these for us. It all started when she made my stocking - back in my single days. As she was doing it, she realized that it was an "expert" level pattern! YIKES! But being the dedicated person that she is, she continued on - and produced a work of art. Then I got married, so she made Mike's stocking. Child #1, child #2 - you get the idea. After finishing Hunter's stocking, I am quite sure Gail is wanting us to have no more children! Thanks, Gail. We love you! You are the bestest stocking maker ever!

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

Your stockings are very nice. That must have taken a lot of hard work. I made our childrens stocking and sometimes got frustrated doing that. I can not imagine the hard work she put into making yours. However, I'm sure now that they are done she is glad she did it for you. It is very obvious you appreciate her hard work.
I may post the stockings I made sometime too if I get the chance. Thank you for sharing. It seems homemade anything is so much more special than store bought. I'm sure these stocking will be used for many years in your home.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that by "making" them you mean she cross-stiched her eyes out... We of course have 4 wonderful stockings ourselves, but yours and Mike's are much more intricate than Mike's and Mine, hmmmm, guess I'll have to get on AG for that. It took her like 4 months to do Kaitlyn's, something like that.
Anyway, love you miss you, keep the snow to yourselves, it was 78 and sunny yesterday, toady i think it was only 72, love CHRISTmas in the south!
Love,
K

Paul and Candy said...

Paul is planning a trip out to Colorado for hunting next fall. Unfortunately I can't come due to school. Elk season always falls during the school year. We would like to make a family vacation trip sometime, though. Thanks for the invitation.

Dixie said...

What absolutely beautiful stockings. I can't imagine the hours of work that went into those.