Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Fruits of my Labor


Katie's school stuff was piled neatly here and there, but had no nice, permanent, tidy home. So, I bought this bookcase (unassembled) at Wal-Mart yesterday (via my husband's ingenius recommendation:). Mike was going to assemble it on Monday for me, as he has to work 12 hours today, but due to 3 things: 1) Mike's strong dislike for assembling, 2) My wanting to greatly surprise my husband, 3) and my marked lack of patience; I spent half of the morning putting this bookcase together. Tah dah! Here is the finished product. I must admit that I am rather proud of myself and quite anxious for my husband to get home. Here's hoping that he notices it;)

3 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

The bookcase looks fantastic. I love the dark wood and you did a great job putting it together. Here's to an observant, appreciative husband! :-)

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Way to go girl! I am sure your husband will be proud of you. I understand the problem of being impatient. Sometimes it gets me into trouble, but sometimes it helps me get an incredible amount of work done. I once decided that I could take the Christmas lights down outside all by myself. Since I did not want to climb on the roof, I gave one wild yank and they came down-not in an organized manner. They were those icicles lights that are next to impossible to roll up for the next year. My husband was not impressed, but that experience has come in handy. When I wanted to get the lights down this year, I told my husband that I could do it. He found time to take care of it. Your bookcase looks wonderful--you should feel good about your accomplishment.

mrstcd said...

Good job, Kim. We amaze ourselves sometimes when we just put the effort forth to try and take care of some things ourselves! Our hubbies really do like it.