Thursday, September 11, 2008

Past my Bedtime!

I am weary - OK, I am exhausted! I did it to myself on purpose today, actually yesterday now. Sept. 10 - 1 year ago - my wonderful, big brother beat me to Heaven. (He always was competetive:)I love him; I miss him; I think of him so often. Mom and I talked often of Michael when she was here to visit. It was such a good time. She flew home Tuesday AM, so I decided to keep extra busy Wednesday. I made bread and cinnamon rolls (that's what Wayne will be having for breakfast, Wilma;), worked up a couple more boxes of corn for the freezer, ran errands, ran out of gas (not a fun story), got things arranged for Children's service at church, dropped off my children, picked up Paul at the airport in Grand Junction (the hunting party is now complete!), fixed supper for some hungry hunters, payed bills, clipped coupons, etc. I have made it through the day. It is past my bedtime. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss him too, VERY much... I just got off the phone with CHRISTY DICK crying my eyes out asking WHY today, the day after...I did not loose it yesterday I LOST it today. He said in the voice he uses with me sometimes...because Karen, you are doing today what you were supposed to do yesterday. You stayed so busy and focused on everything else you didn't allow yourself this... RIGHT ON my BMF...He is right, I surrounded myself with chores, errands and the few friends that I have left after being a brat all year. Now is breakdown time...BUT I WILL SURVIVE! WE ALL WILL... I love you and thought about U too yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Oh...John 10:30...

It is the ONLY verse I noticed in Mike's Bible after he passed that HE had higlighted himself. When I gave him that Bible on Kirstyn's birthday last summer I had higlighted a bunch of pertinent Scriptures...yet after his service that Saturday I flipped thru it and it made me smile. Of ALL verses I knew at that moment that Mike understood "RELATIONSHIP" with God and had gotten over dislking "RELIGION"

"I and MY Father are One"