Sunday, August 5, 2007

My First Blog!






August 5, 2007

Welcome to the first official Sayler Family blog! I have no idea what I'm doing, so bear with me! Our family of 4 consists of Mike (my wonderful, godly, hardworking husband), Kim (that's me, stay-at-home mom, homeschooler, and devoted wife), Katie (our ambitious, outgoing 5 year old), and Hunter (our incredibly ornery, but extremely lovable 3 year old)! We live in beautiful western Colorado - Paonia, to be exact. Mike and I were married February 9, 2001. Katie arrived on April 13, 2002, and Hunter made his first appearance on April 11, 2004. Both were born at home, but Hunter had to be transported to St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction, CO due to his being born with a Cleft Lip/Palate.

We love hunting, hiking, fishing, camping, and all things outdoorsy! We attend a wonderful holiness church - Western Colorado Holiness Chapel, pastored by Nathan and Amy Bryant. There, Mike is on the Board, as well as being an usher. I am in charge of the Children's Ministry as well as being on the Song Committee. Katie is homeschooling and is starting the 1st grade. She loves singing and music and began piano lessons in February of this year. Hunter is pre-schooling at home and loves to do anything that involves the outdoors and LOTS of activity! I stay busy helping Mike remodel our fixer-upper, homeschooling the kids, tending to the animals (dogs, cats, and chickens!), and attempting to keep my house clean! Mike, when he's not working in the coal mine, loves to be out scouting, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping - you get the idea!

I know this is more like a newsletter, but I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on our lives. More to come...

1 comment:

Chaskim said...

So good to see your blog!! and family. This is a great way to connect over the miles. Kim Marshall