Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Birthday in Heaven


November 24th - 40 years ago - my wonderful big brother was born. He was my mother's firstborn son. She went into labor for him on Thanksgiving Day. It's been a holiday season filled with mixed emotions. As I decorated for Christmas yesterday, I kept thinking about how much Mike loved everything Christmas! I am very thankful for the time I had with my brother while he was here with us. I never dreamed that he would be spending his 40th birthday with Jesus this year, but I am thankful for that too. I am thankful that Mike is cancer-free, pain-free, and happy. I love my brother. I miss him. I am most thankful that in Heaven there will be no more sorrow and no more parting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Clemson comment VERY UNCOOL!!!!!!!! Someone has to be on myside. You know the freaky thing is, during Mike's service Greg said "I can see it now the score will be 21-20, Clemson, USC will have the ball for a field goal, it will be going straight and then a gust of wind will put it wide-left" How freaky is it that the score WAS 21-20, but it was USC up and Clemson had the ball for a field goal... didn't go wide-left though, i guess Zim had it blow straight thru. Very eery though.
Anyway, I love you my sister, I will not admit defeat, just embrace another season next year.
I love you so very much!!!!!!!!

little bro said...

Kim, I want to thank you for the birthday tribute you gave to our big bro. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him and how much I miss him. I will always have a void that can never be filled deep down inside. Anyway Go Clemson! love ya Sis. Your little bro