Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

 

We've had a fun day! Paonia always has Cherry Days July 3-5th. The 4th of course is the BIG day. We didn't get in all the activities (there are tooooooo many!), but we did go to the parade - which lasted about 45 minutes! The kids raked in about 5 lbs. of candy between them. Of course, I forgot my camera, but it was a great parade with clowns, bands, old tractors and cars, lots of horses, ponies, miniature donkeys, etc. And best of all - lots of candy:) Then, we went to a U-Pick orchard and picked 7 lbs. of Rainier cherries (Mike's personal favorite)! I think we have about 5 lbs. left. This afternoon, the kids and I went to an Ice Cream Social at the old Bowie Schoolhouse Museum. We also got to tour the museum for free, which the kids loved! I don't think we'll catch the fireworks tonight because, although Hunter is basically back to normal and doing wonderfully, he still is requiring some extra sleep. Here's wishing all of you a stupendous 4th of July. We praise the Lord for all of the freedoms that we enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just surfing and came upon your blog and I so enjoyed reading it and especially looking at the pictures! I have a friend who is getting married July 31 and moving to Denver. Between the two of them, they will have 10 children! I have visited Colorado a couple of times and didn't want to come home! My husband and I went to the Deer Valley Ranch on our honeymoon in February of 1990. It was out in the middle of nowhere and I would love to have stayed there forever! Thanks for the beautiful pictures!