Monday, October 8, 2007

Autumn in the Rockies!


James and Jodi Randel and family joined us for a Sunday afternoon excursion of picnicking and picturing. We had a wonderful picnic lunch in the crisp autumn air by a rippling mountain stream. Our yummy picnic consisted of BBQ chicken, baked beans, potato salad, slaw salad, tea, pumpkin cookies (and let's not forget the hot cocoa, Chai, and cappucino!) After lunch we began our photo shoot of fantastic Fall colors. It was a great way to continue worshipping our marvelous Creator after a wonderful morning worship service. Thank you,Jodi,for the awesome pictures (she took around 100!) And, yes, we did make it back in time for evening worship at church:)

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

It looks sooo pretty there. I can't believe the view from your porch. I know you realize it but you are very blessed to have such a view of God's handy work.

Lavy Country said...

This sums it up for me -- OOOHHHH!
AAAAAAHHHHHHH! WHAAAAAAAHHHHH! I think I'll pack up and be out tomorrow. What's for dinner? Enjoy your Autumn in the Rockies. It's beauty is beyond words.

The Dickinsons said...

Kim, I enjoyed that nice fall slide show, and the picnic and time together with friends sounded fun.

I know that your husband doesn't have time to blog hop very often, but he MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THE BLOG POST I JUST POSTED ABOUT MY BROTHER ANDREW, FROM AK, HIS BEAR HUNTING STORY WITH PICS. HE WASN'T BEAR HUNTING, BUT A BEAR CAME TO ATTACK THEM AND HE HAD TO SHOOT IT WITH A PISTOL, FOR HE DIDN'T HAVE HIS RIFFLE WITH HIM. THERE ARE PICS ON MY BLOG, AND THAT BEAR IS HUGE, AND WAS TOLD BY AK FISH AND GAME THAT IT COULD BE PUT IN THE BOONE AND CROCKET RECORD BOOK !!!!!

Love, Heather =)

Janette said...

I tried your "Pilgrim Pie" pumpkin cookie recipe and it was good! Thanks for sharing!

--Janette Castle (you may remember seeing me at the KSHA camp)