Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mike's Big Elk Hunt Begins!


Mike has waited 7 long years to draw the coveted Unit 61 Elk Tag (a trophy unit for elk here in Colorado!) His season began Saturday, Oct.20th, so we all headed up to set up camp on Friday. Here is the beginning of this great hunt! After his first very strenuous day of hunting, he saw 1 bull (a 5x5), lots of cows, and a really nice mule deer buck, but not the trophy bull he was looking for. We'll head back to camp tomorrow after church. To be continued...

6 comments:

Dixie said...

The sunset picture is beautiful.

Dixie

Heidi said...

Sounds like so much fun!!Glad you got your camper!

Lavy Country said...

Keep us posted. We'll be thinking about him and hope he finds the big bull!

mrstcd said...

All this makes me miss Alaska! Colorado looks really nice, too. I think I could like it there! I enjoy your blog- getting to know you all over again and "meeting" your family is great!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I think there was a reason you named your son Hunter. Camping out sounds like a lot of fun. I wish you husband the best in his hunt.

Nrauschenberger said...

were rooting for you Mike