Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Kim's Deer


I had a private land doe tag to fill, and my season ends tomorrow. The deer have been late coming down this year because of a belated Fall. Between Mike's elk hunting and Vanessa's (a girl from our church) wedding, things have been kind of busy around here. Mike told me today was the day to get my deer. He was helping Nathan on his new log home and promised to be home in time to take me to Earl's land to hunt this evening. This afternoon, when I got home from running errands, there were 2 little bucks in the yard, but no does. Just before Mike was to arrive home, a doe and her fawn jumped our back fence, but I just can't shoot a mother with a baby - no matter what my husband says! Just as Mike was pulling in the drive, another doe - probably 1 1/2 yrs. old was getting ready to jump the fence. Mike arrived just in time to see me shoot the doe from our back deck. She dropped in her tracks! (I know, I know, not exactly the challenge of a lifetime, but it is meat in the freezer.) Here are a couple of pictures of my me and my deer.

6 comments:

Nrauschenberger said...

Kim Nice! Bud loved the fact you got this out your door so to speak. Nana Rausch

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!!!! I will have to tell Buddy, he will be so proud of you. I spoke with him tonight and told him that you hadn't gotten one yet, of course I didn't talk to you yesterday... he started giggling, the challenge of the back deck! Ha, he loves you and so do I!
Karen

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

You are some woman!! It makes you wonder why the men have to go so far to hunt. I don't think you would want to eat anything that I shot from my back door.

Joe said...

Go Rambo!!!-next time use a knife.

Anonymous said...

I love you my dear sister! It was an awesome sunrise this morning, hoping to capture some evening beach pics since it's our last night. Need to pack the car this evening first so we can get on the road first thing in the AM... bought a new camera on the way down here and I have enjoyed playing with it. Took some cool shadow shots I'll email them to you when I get home, or maybe later today...
Love you!!!!!!!!!!!
How's that doe going? So proud of you!
K

Bobbie said...

Nice job Kim!!!! I couldn't do that if you paid me. I'd probably hurt myself. Maybe I should learn how.