Thursday, September 20, 2007

Goodbye for Now, Grandpa!


Edward Haynes, Mike's Grandpa, went to join Jesus, his wife, his son, and my brother today. Grandpa had a peaceful passing at 8:20AM this morning at the hospital in Moberly, MO. He was greatly loved and will be missed by all who knew him. He didn't like to fish, but always took Mike fishing as a boy. He didn't like to hunt, but after Mike shot his first turkey at the age of 12, Grandpa wore a feather from that turkey in his hat for years! After Katie was born and we would visit Missouri, he would watch and wait by the window until we arrived with his first great-grandbaby. Heaven just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter! Goodbye for now, Grandpa, but not for long!

1 comment:

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I am so sorry about Mike's grandpa. He sounds like a person that loved his family. Grandparents carry such an important role in our lives. I still miss mine even though they have been gone for a long time. I have been thinking about an idea that will keep those loved ones that have gone on fresh in our kids' hearts. I will try to post on this soon. Some people might think it is weird, but I think you will understand.